Last Updated :
March 1, 2023
“Personal Data” means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, and can include information about how you engage with our Services (e.g. device information, IP address).
“Services” means the products and services that Stripe indicates are covered by this Policy, which may include Stripe-provided devices and apps. Our “Business Services” are Services provided by Stripe to entities (“Business Users”) who directly and indirectly provide us with “End Customer” Personal Data in connection with those Business Users’ own business and activities. Our “End User Services” are those Services which Stripe directs to individuals (rather than entities) so that those individuals do business directly with Stripe. “Sites” means Stripe.com and the other websites that Stripe indicates are covered by this Policy. Collectively, we refer to Sites, Business Services and End User Services as “Services”.
Depending on the context, “you” means End Customer, End User, Representative or Visitor:
- When you directly use an End User Service (such as when you sign up for Link, or make a payment to Stripe Climate in your personal capacity), for your personal use, we refer to you as an “End User.”
- When you do business with, or otherwise transact with, a Business User (typically a merchant using Stripe Checkout, e.g. when you buy a pair of shoes from a merchant that uses Stripe for payment processing) but are not directly doing business with Stripe, we refer to you as an “End Customer.”
- When you are acting on behalf of an existing or potential Business User (e.g. you are a founder of a company, or administering an account for a merchant who is a Business User), we refer to you as a “Representative.”
- When you visit a Site without being logged into a Stripe account or otherwise communicate with Stripe, we refer to you as a “Visitor.” (e.g. you send Stripe a message asking for more information because you are considering being a user of our products).
Depending on the activity, Stripe acts as a “data controller” or “data processor” and for more information about this and on the Stripe entity that is responsible under this Policy, see here.
- 1. Personal data that we collect and how we use and share it
- 2. More ways we collect, use and share personal data
- 3. Legal bases for processing data
- 4. Your rights and choices
- 5. Security and retention
- 6. International data transfers
- 7. Updates and notifications
- 8. Jurisdiction-specific provisions
- 9. Contact us