Recruiting candidates can be a tedious task, however, if you cautiously plan out the procedure, it very well may be simple and stress-free. Making a checklist that covers the whole course of the procedure can help you effectively recognize what you have to do so as to find that ideal applicant. Here is a short aggregation of undertakings to think about when assembling your recruiting strategy.
1. Fully qualify the position with your hiring team and confirm approval to hire from finance or other appropriate divisions in your company
- Create a well-written job description job descriptions are extremely important in that they must convey the exact details of the job being advertised. Good job description includes a full description of duties and how they must be performed.
- Create a list of the most important personality characteristics and ‘soft skill’ traits that you want in a candidate
- Research similar job salaries and create a base range that is competitive, yet affordable
- Notify all in-house employees of the new opening and fish for referrals
- Evaluate in-house staff and proceed with the qualification process of in-house employees as appropriate.
- If you decide upon a current in-house employee, start the transition process and end the search.
- If you are not happy with any of the internal candidates, begin searching outside the company and post the job opening in various venues whether it be online or offline
- Contact job placement firms and agencies for any leads, or using specialized recruiting agencies on finding a perfect match including all the social media that is available.
- Using the job description, fully qualify applicants and start scheduling phone interviews getting ready to prepare them for the actual interview.
- Prep your team on how to effectively conduct phone interviews
- Evaluate the team results of the phone interviews and schedule face-to-face interviews for the top candidates
- Prep your team on how to effectively conduct face-to-face interviews
- In a timely manner, communicate an offer to your top candidate
- Communicate rejections to other candidates
I hope you find this list helpful… and not totally overwhelming. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please leave a comment and we will be in touch to provide you assistance.